Saturday, April 09, 2005

New Courthouse Security Measures

Looks like the County Courthouse will be going the same way as the nation's airports: metal detector screening upon entering. What really gets me about this is what got this all started in the first place: An incident in another county jail of an inmate grabbing a gun from a deputy and killing some people.

I'm not saying security shouldn't be a concern at the courthouse and at least it looks like private security personnel will be performing the screening operation, for the most part. I just wonder how much improvement there might be among the firearm retention capabilities among law enforcement in the courthouse- the type of incident that caused this screening to come about to begin with?

I always end up with at least a slight headache the few times I've ended up going to the courthouse, for whatever reason. Looks like that's not likely to ever go away now and might even get worse.

5 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

does this mean we have to be frisked to even make public comment at supes meetings??? hazzad for chairman rodoni and the new order. we dont want people making trouble at government meetings now do we

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I was wondering the same thing myself: They say that access to the court house will be limited to either fourth or fifth street entrances, I forget which. Does that mean everything in the courthouse or just actual jail and court related functions? Sounds like it's going to be a real mess.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just dont ever call rodoni a libertarian again, hes just another authoritarian in populist clothing

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I believe I referred to him as a Republican with a libertarian bent , or something like that. Besides, seems to me, when it comes to being on the BOS or City Council, it seems everyone leans toward being an Authoritarian.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm.... Aren't the same deputies with the same inability to hang on to the damn gun going to be INSIDE the courthouse? Oh, yeah, that's right...PLAN B!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home