Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Issues Via The Redwood Peace and Justice Center

There's a couple of e-mails I received via the Redwood Peace and Justice Center e-mail list I wanted to comment on:

First, a day or two ago, something was sent out about helping the "defenders of the forest", referring to the tree sitters in the local logging areas. Wish I would of saved the e-mail so I could include the pertinent parts here but, suffice it to say, I think we've heard it all before.

They say they're being assaulted and brutalized because Palco's using professional tree climbers to remove the tree sitters from their perches. Unbelievable. As I've said before, they seem to feel they can do whatever they want and nobody should get in their way. I don't care how one feels about the logging issues but how can anybody think, or expect, that when they break the law and cost people money, everyone should just look the other way.

Next, we get a couple e-mails asking people to contact Arcata City Council members and voice their support for the recently passed anti war resolution. They also suggest writing letters to the editor to rebut an editorial the Times Standard recently wrote that wasn't too friendly to the anti war resolution. Maybe this is in response to some petition being circulated in Arcata that opposes the Council getting involved in issues outside its jurisdiction? I don't know. Seems to me this is beating a dead horse even longer than before. This issue has created enough controversy. It passed the City Council, and now we're back arguing whether the Council should have passed the anti war resolution again.

Time to Move On.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home