Monday, May 09, 2005

Supporting The Status Quo

Pat Riggs, Chair of the Humoldt Democrats, has a My Word column in the Times Standard today. He's urging everyone to oppose the Governor's proposed initiative induced reforms. I've written before that I support the reform proposals although I feel most won't really do much in the short or long term. One thing is clear, though: The Democrats have certainly established themselves as the party of business as usual at all levels of government in California. They're pretty much responsible for all the fiscal problems in the state but don't want to change a thing except to raise even more taxes. Sorry, but I don't see how anyone can defend the status quo in this case.

As an aside, it sure seems like the Left has been dominating the letters to the editor of the Times Standard this last few months. Wonder if it's an organized effort or just one of those things that happen sometime?

1 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Fred, nice blog!
Sorry I don't read the paper cause I'm too educated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home