Friday, June 03, 2005

Taxpayer's League Vs. Eureka and Developers

I've known there's been at least a bit of conflict between some on the Humboldt Taxpayer's League and the Eureka Redevelopment Agency for some time, but was nonetheless surprised to see it come to a lawsuit. I think there's certainly some valid points to the League's complaints and I get the impression the City has basically ignored them. Shows one thing, though: The Taxpayer's League obviously isn't just a front for conservatives or developers.

I've said before I'm not totally against government being involved in redevelopment schemes. I'm just not sure how much it should be involved. I am uncomfortable to the extent that developers are involved in the various redevelopment agencies, though, although I also wonder just how much they should be involved as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home