Friday, July 01, 2005

Salzman and Geist

This Richard Salzman guy is someone I think we could do without. Now, I don't have a problem with all the inflammatory e-mails and phone calls he makes for political purposes, that's what political fundraiser types do. But to get on Supervisor Jill Geist's case cause she sits at a table with a couple folks cause they're not Gallegos fans is a bit over the top. He says Geist is rubbing elbows with "right wing reactionaries". What an ass.

I've been known to cast my vote for some pretty frivolous reasons in the past. With Salzman being a big supporter of Gallegos I'd certainly be tempted to vote for someone other that Gallegos just cause of Saltzman's support. Hey, if Saltzman likes someone, you have to think something must be wrong with them. I won't commit to that now, though, and try to keep an open mind when hearing something from Saltzman.

7 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you've forgotten, Geist bitterly attacked Gallegos at a public Supervisors meetings because she and her fellows on the Board failed to fund positions that Gallegos was obligated to send out layoff notices for.

She was also personally responsible for holding up the county medical cannabis ordinance for six months over nothing.

Geist seems ripe for a progressive challenge next year!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jeff Kelley said...

Do you happen to have links to those stories, anonymous? That would explain Salzman's attitude better than the TS article did.

I don't know of Salzman's behavior before, but after the nasty recall attempt, I can understand why he's aggressive. I remember something about their office being broken into.

I certainly haven't made up my mind in the DA's race, but it won't be based on Salzman, it'll be based on the merits of the candidates as I can perceive them. I prefer the candidate forums where they answer questions to decide who I prefer.

Haven't heard anything yet to shake my trust in Jill Geist.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jeff Kelley said...

Oh yeah, and remember how the recall proponents were paying out of towners $8 per signature to get the recall qualified?

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right-ee-o. Salzman is just bad at PR. The other side (e.g., the right) is as nasty, if not nastier, but also real smooth about their public image.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm a different anonymous, so I'm not evading Jeff's question.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jeff Kelley said...

That's the problem with that darn anonymous. S/he suffers from multiple personality syndrome.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Ok, Anon #1, who do you think would be a good challenger to Geist next time around? Just curious as I have no real opinion at this time. Besides, she's outside my district, although that doesn't mean I don't comment on races outside my district.

Hmmm...instead of commenting more here, I think I'll make that today's question/ commentary for this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home