Tuesday, August 16, 2005

This Sheehan Thing

I've been wanting to weigh in on this Cindy Sheehan thing for a few days now. You know: the gal camping out by Bush's Texas ranch waiting for him to come speak with her? I held off, on this blog anyway, because I was trying to keep most of my comments local. Thanks to the Times- Standard for running this piece on a local gal going to Texas to help Sheehan. The praise Sheehan receives from the Left ranges from, "We should glad she's bringing such publicity to this issue..." to, "this brave women...".

For crying out loud, Brave Woman? You've got to be kidding? I'll admit we should be glad awareness is being raised about the casualties inflicted on our troops in Iraq but I'd hardly call her brave for doing so. I think she just found, as so many others do, that she likes media attention and wants to milk it for all it's worth.

Heck, she already met with Bush some months ago. Now she's asking for more face time for more attention and the Left and some of the rest of the anti- war crowd are holding her on a pedestal. I guess it's any port in a storm when you need a hero. I suppose I agree with the gist of the message but dislike the messenger since, with me, the messenger dilutes the message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home