Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Times- Standard Agrees With Me?

Why does it surprise me that the Times- Standard seems to agree with me on the North Coast Railroad Authority? It must be one of two things: The editorial staff of the Times- Standard has been visiting my blog regularly for insight on local political issues, or, maybe I'm wrong on the issue? Nah, maybe it's just one of those common sense things that people find common ground on?

Of course, there's still some people around saying we should be throwing more money at the railroad. Senator Wes Chesbro, for one, blasted the Governor's veto of the bill that would have further subsidized the NC Rail Authority. I'm sure Supervisor John Wooley and some of the Harbor District Commissioners, among others, join Chesbro in condemnation of the veto. Just goes to show, as a wise man once said, "The government that robs Peter to pay Paul, always has the support of Paul...".

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jeff Kelley said...

As I wrote in an earlier comment, I wish I could find the article where the engineer (not the train driving kind) stated that there's a section of that track on the eel river that is geologically impossible to sustain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home