Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I'm Back...

and a bit fried after leaving early yesterday and driving to the University of California at San Francisco Medical Center for a consultation for the wife then driving back. Got into Ukiah about eight last night. Decided to spend the night there. I'm glad we did. It was hard enough getting up early and trying to drive through three hours of rain and fog with some sleep. If we tried it last night, that would have been a mistake.

So, I leave you with some commentary by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayer's Association's, Jon Coupal, on the Governor (and others') proposal to float a massive new bond for state infrastructure. If interested in more reading on the subject, there's a couple more links on Dan Weintraub's blog, November 28 entry.

I'm amazed, although not surprised, that anyone is considering a bond that large for this state. We've already saddled California with enough debt. I guess some people just can't get away from it and feel, to paraphrase what a wise man once said, " The first thing you do when you find yourself in a hole is to keep on digging." Yes, I meant it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home