Monday, February 06, 2006

The Flemming Page

Former Eureka Mayor, Nancy Flemming, has her campaign web page for fourth district supervisor up and running. One thing seems clear, at least from the list of endorsements she's gathered already: Looks like, despite Flemming and Neely both being Republicans, this will be a race centered on redevelopment policy and likely defined as Right vs. Left.

Flemming has Kurt Kramer, Rob Arkley and Chris Crawford among her endorsements. I suspect Neely will get the endorsements of the Kerrigan/ Levalee crowd. I'd almost be willing to bet money the progressive PAC, Local Solutions, will step into the fray on Neely's side, as well, if only because it looks like the developers are backing Flemming. This could get ugly.

Of course, there's also the obligatory freebie Flemming throws out: the offer of possibly free wireless internet around the county. Whatever. I guess most candidates have to throw some carrot out.

It will be interesting to see how the issues develop. This might end up being one of those races I don't vote in, but probably not. I won't commit myself to anything at this point in the game.

Now, I wonder if Bonnie Neely is going to put up a campaign web page?

And if you haven't already done so, head over to the Buhne Tribune and vote on which of the two candidates, Flemming or Neely, needs the makeover.

15 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

FREE! FREE WIRELESS! Awesome, she has my vote, now where is my candy.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm generally oblivious to Eureka politics. I kind of assumed Neely was not worth supporting, but after seeing Flemming's endorsements, I guess I'm a Neely fan.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

I disagree completely with the statement above and have become a huge Flemming fan.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No suprise there.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

See, the lines are being drawn already!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

I want my god-damned Best Buy!

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Buy is coming... 2008

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Enjoy your Best Buy. They're about as good at Circuit City. In other words, K-Mart quality, just three times as much junk.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo of Flemming on the Buhne Tribune was obtained from Flemming's campaign. Neely's photo was retrieved from the Eureka Reporter--owned by Flemming's billionaire supporters, The Arkleys. Want Arkleyville? Vote Flemming. Want Eureka back?? Vote for Bonnie Neely. If that is "left" versus "right" then it is the left that is right.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

I want more Arkleyville, and less Welfareville/Crackville/Heroinville/Hookertown.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and just think about all those available shopping carts at Home Depot... just waiting to be dumped in PALCO Marsh.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was born here. Yes I want Eureka back. But not the Eureka that Bonnie had promoted. I want to be able to find what I need here. Not have to drive out of town or use the internet for it.

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move to Santa Rosa.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN 1:24 Anon. R. mous.
I grew up in Eureka too and would rather have more Arkleyville than the filth that I see every DAY

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN 1:24 Anon. R. mous.
I grew up in Eureka too and would rather have more Arkleyville than the filth that I see every DAY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home