Thursday, February 23, 2006

Initiative #1203?

I've read that we may be facing something like 70 ballot initiatives in this year's elections, assuming they all qualify for the ballot. This one, reference number 1203, is beyond me. Can someone tell me why we need an initiative that establishes "the creation of a free Internet listing service providing the public with nonconfidential information on real estate for rent or for sale"? Seems to me we already have plenty of such listing services. What's wrong with Craigslist.com and some of the others? Someone must have way too much time on their hands.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I read that Craigslist did start charging in some areas, New York City being one of them. He did it to try and stop multiple entries by people trying to rent out properties. They always want to stay at the top of the listings so, as soon as their listing goes down far enough on the list, they re- list it so it's back on top. I can see how annoying that would be as it pisses me when sellers do that on E- Bay.

I don't see any purpose in that bill unless, as you allude to, there's some skullduggery behind it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home