Monday, March 20, 2006

Rush In Trouble

This writer thinks Rush Limbaugh's radio show is in trouble. I'm not so sure I agree with him that it's because people have become more interested in local issues than national ones. I think it's more along the line of where he alludes to Rush having become a shill for the Bush Administration. Not that he hasn't always touted the Republican line, whatever that is. But, with Bush having screwed up so many things and even a lot of conservatives unhappy with him, I suspect it's probably embarassing for a lot of them to sit at the radio listening to a Bush apologist.

I actually don't listen to Rush. I have a few times over the years and regularly enjoyed his old TV show. I was sorry that got cancelled. I thought he was fun to listen to and I enjoyed reading the two books he wrote. I lost a lot of respect for him, though, when I saw him interviewed by Tim Russert a couple years ago and he ended up talking in lock step with the Bush White House policies. Hey, even some conservatives could be critical of Bush but listening to Rush tell Russert that "This President has got a plan and it will work....", or whatever it was he said.

I was real disappointed in him. I thought he was better than that. I wonder if others are too, and that's why his radio audience is declining?

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

Rush has become a shill for the current admin. Personally I prefer Jerry Doyle, http://www.jerrydoyle.com/
he's highly critical of the entire system.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, what's your opinion on what's to be done with the homeless in Humboldt county?

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred - how do I e-mail you something

-Brian

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

What to do about the homeless, Anon? I probably don't have any better answers than anyone else.

Brian, if you want to e-mail me, click on my profile on this blog. When the profile page opens, there should be a link on the left for e-mailing me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home