Monday, April 17, 2006

Ssshhhh...

Don't tell anyone, but I finally had enough of that damned Word Verification thing that we all have to do before posting comments. I've deactivated it for now. We'll see how it goes. If we start getting auto- spammed again, I'll have to reactivate it.

For those of you newcomers to this blog, I started the Word Verification not long after I started this blog. One day I started getting a bunch of comments to one particular post I made. They were messages saying how much they liked my blog and that I should go visit their [commercial] blog.

There were about 25 to 30 within an hour, with no end in sight. It was such a hassle trying to delete them that I just ended up deleting my original post and that seemed to end the problem. But, to make sure, I started requiring Word Verification.

Let's hope it takes a while for the spambots to find this blog again.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to start talking about pussy and such huh?

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Fred,
They will find you. They are ubiquitous.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Sssshhh...don't write so loud.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

Hey Spammers! Over here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home