Monday, May 01, 2006

Humboldt Democrats To Mull Initiatives

Looks like the local Democratic Central Committee is going to take a stand on Props 81 and 82 at their May 10 meeting. Both initiatives will be on the June Primary ballot.

Prop 81 is yet another on of those library bond measures we keep seeing. Didn't we just have one of those in the last few years?

Prop 82 is the notorious Universal Pre- School initiative, that will supposedly allow free preschool for all the children. Yet another one of those tax the rich schemes.

I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction: I say they endorse both intitiatives, despite the fact that some of their current and past state leadership have come out publicly against Prop 82.

Why? It just seems to me the local Democrat Central Committee leans very strong to the left and I get the impression there isn't a bond issue or tax the rich initiative they wouldn't endorse.

We shall see. If they don't endorse both of them, I have an easy out: They did it to make me look bad.

Their Chair, Pat Riggs, stops by here on occasion. It wouldn't surprise me if they vote against at least Prop 82 just to make me look bad by screwing up my prediction.

Remember, Pat; I've already established an out for myself so it won't work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home