Monday, July 10, 2006

Wireless Networks

I'm posting this using a wireless network at a yet to be disclosed motel. These wireless networks are ok, but if I had my choice I'd rather have a hard line connection, if only because I would think they're more secure.

This place advertises itself as a wireless Hotspot. It has a connection apparently anyone can connect to. I get this warning when I connect to it that my communications may not be secure. I have the Zonelabs firewall and anti- virus on this laptop. Does anyone know if that is adequate protection for using an open connection like this?

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your firewall should be sufficient to protect your laptop. That the hotspot has not security just means you could hack in to the network of connected computers if they had no protection on their own. But mostly it just means you need no password to gain access to the Internet via that hotspot. Be grateful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home