Friday, August 18, 2006

Judi Sets Us Straight

Eureka Reporter Publisher, Judi Pollace, sets us straight this morning on some supposed innaccuracies in that Rumble In The Redwoods piece in the San Francisco Chronicle. Seems to me she kind of left us hanging, though.

She does indeed correct the information about when the Reporter was actually started, but, after that, I find the info lacking:

She says reporter Mike Morrow's salary is not $35,000. Well, if it's important enough to bring it up, how much does he actually get?

She says there wasn't a physical altercation between Reporter and Times- Standard's people at the scene of a fatal accident. Then what exactly did happen? Some sort of altercation, or nothing at all?

I can understand picking away at a journalist's work. I'm doing it right now. But I thought the Rumble In The Redwoods piece was a pretty good read.

12 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Heraldo Riviera said...

Maybe she was pre-occupied with the chore of having to put pen to paper, which she says is "like force-feeding me a gallon of poison." Interesting words from a newspaper person.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the salary thing — I'll give you one guess. Much less than Morrow said. Have you seen his work? Yeah right.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heraldo - shes a publisher not an editor or reporter.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

Fred's right though. She's very cryptic when it comes to the details of whatever it was the Chronicle allegedly exagerrated. Even if they're just yelling at each other, their professionalism is in question.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

9:51 wrote, "shes a publisher not an editor or reporter.".

Well, it does kind of strike me as strange that she would say that, but you're right, she's the publisher and publishers don't necessarily have journalism backgrounds. They're management.

I know David Lippman, publisher of the Times- Standard, used to work for some photo shop down on 7th and E, in Eureka. What was that place...White Glove Photo?

Next I knew he was selling advertising at Tri- City Weekly and moved his way up from there.

I don't know him well. I just did some work for him and his wife many years ago.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who was yelling at one another. Faulk and Rushton?

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faulk and Rushton? Give me some credit. I'm at least smart enough to only pick fights with people smaller than myself.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hamill and Squire?

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean Dorothy and Billy? I'd put my money on Billy Squire over Dorothy Hamill any day.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Mojoey said...

I love it - I going to to tell you that the facts are wrong, but I'm not going to tell you what facts are. That is some good reporting.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well as long as it doesnt involve the psychosexual obsessive stalking that shawn warford from the advocate exhibits id say these reporters are handling their feelings well.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well as long as it doesnt involve the psychosexual obsessive stalking that shawn warford from the advocate exhibits id say these reporters are handling their feelings well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home