Friday, September 22, 2006

John Jones Comes To Town

Republican congressional candidate, John Jones, met with the Republican Women's Federation in Eureka yesterday. What??? No one invited me? Probably just as well as I probably wouldn't have shown up anyway.

I've been trying to decide what I'll be doing come Election Day in this race. The last few elections, if there was no Libertarian Party candidate running for congress, I didn't vote in the congressional race.

But that was usually with Lawrence Weisner running in the Republican slot. I wouldn't vote for him as he seems too much of a hard core War Party candidate and I don't see any compelling reason to vote for Mike Thompson, despite him actually casting a decent vote on a few issues now and again.

What about this John Jones guy? From what little is mentioned in the Eureka Reporter about his positions on the issues, he sounds ok to me, except when he gets to Iraq and the War On Terror, where he comes off as pretty much in the War Party camp. Almost like we're back to square one as far as choices here.

Then again, there's always Pam Elizondo, the Green Party candidate. I've said here before that anyone that would show up for a candidate forum in a T shirt is my kind of guy or gal. Still, there are some principles involved here.

I'd feel much more comfortable wasting my vote on her if she was still with the Peace and Freedom Party. Besides, it looks like she's one of those global warming alarmists and I don't know that I could even waste my vote on one of those.

One of those times where it's nice to also have the choice of None Of The Above.

10 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

Don't agonize too much. We all know what's going to happen.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger samoasoftball said...

I am voting for Pam. Not for the chair of the Democrats for Neely turncoat Thompson. They eat their own I tell ya.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

I'll be voting for Thompson pretty much on one issue - the Iraq war. He's taken a pretty high profile in criticizing the policy.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a good point in Thompsons favor.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Indeed it is. I've said before, back when Thompson was running against Weisner(sic?), if I thought the contest would even be close, I'd likely vote for Thompson.

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out = League of Women Voters of Humboldt County ( smart voter ) LaVallee and Catfish Jackson can't compete with , Droz .
Then check out = RCAA of Humboldt County = Peter LaVallee . The LaValle regime , Supervisors and Council members are all part of the regime bringing in white trash into , Eureka .
Time for a change - Don't vote for anybody who gets paid to bring in white trash into , Eureka . Alex H.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world would be a wonderful place if I could just get rid of everyone who isn't like me.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neely is famous for taking our money and giving it to those for needles so they can shoot up more dope and steal from our neighbors . Oust the Lavalee regime .

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and Neely. geist ,rodini , wolford and more . They are all working for the RCAA to house more felons into , Eureka.

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lavallee, is relying solely on all his posters all over town to get re - elected. Bass , and Lavalle , are dodging all the issues . Truth is , Lavallee and Bass are only concerned with bringing in more Low Life free housing sponsered by the R.C.A.A. and our tax money . He lists his job as incumbant on The League of Women Voters but , works full time for the R.C.A.a. WHAT A LIAR !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home