Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Droz Campaign: Quality or Quantity?

The Times- Standard's, James Faulk, suggests in today's paper that Eureka mayoral candidate, Jerry Droz, may be opting for quality rather than quanitity, citing a truck he saw in Henderson Center plastered with Droz For Mayor signs and stickers.

I'm not so sure about that. James must have missed all the Droz signs that went up yesterday. I'm not sure just how many of them there are but I saw a guy putting them up. At the time I didn't realize what they were. Where are they? Tacked to telephone poles like all those yard sale signs we're so used to seeing.

I noticed a guy putting something up on the telephone pole over at the Matteoli's yesterday morning. I thought it unusual because the guy was using a six foot step ladder to get his flier up higher than most would bother to. I also thought it a bit funny since as he was posting the flier, a Eureka cop pulled up to the stop sign next to him, seemed to look right at the guy, then drove off.

I thought posting fliers on telephone poles was illegal, or so I heard somewhere.

I didn't think much more of it until I went out this morning to put the garbage out for pickup. I noticed the telephone pole across Trinity Street from me had a big white flier on it. Then I noticed all the poles near my intersection had those fliers.

That piqued my interest again and, walking across the street to see what the fliers said, and noticed they were Droz for Eureka Mayor- Time for a change signs. Pretty simple: Legal size white paper with black lettering. Obviously cheaply and easily done on a home computer.

I wonder how widespread this is? I'll have to keep an eye out today to see how far they got with this.

Boy, with a low cost, grass- roots campaign like this, Bass and LeVallee better get cracking.

19 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every campaign needs comic relief. Thank God for Droz.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Maybe Droz will be Eureka's perpetual mayoral candidate? Kind of like the late Pat Paulsen's every four year run for the Presidency.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

So will he be invited to participate in any debates?

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I believe he was at that forum out in Samoa with LeVallee and Bass a week or so ago, whenever it was.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Oh, almost forgot: The Times- Standard has some video interviews with some candidates from the various races available online at
http://www.times-standard.com/elections

Droz is included and they say there will be more to come.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fred your are outta of the loop the fourm was at the warf

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how did Jerry sound?

Same nutty guy-or is he better in a crowd/under pressure?

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I attended LaVallee's campaign announcement at City Hall a couple of months ago, when Droz started screaming at him. He freaked me out. I looked at a couple of my friends and they quietly led Droz way from the crowd and talked to him to calm him down. It was good to see the police show up quickly.

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonetheless, he put him self out to run, and as any person who does that ought be treated with respect, so should he. It's not a fun process, and he has been vilified more than most. Take his points, some are valid, and listen. treat him with respect you would wish to be treated with if you were running, long shot or not.

IMHO

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to like sincere people. Last night during the debate with LaVallee and Bass, Jerry came off as a sincere guy.

Not voting for him-just ended up liking him is all.

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LaValle cut off , Droz at the Council meeting 3 weeks ago when Droz mentioned our Streets being dominated with homelessness . Droz may of interupted LaValle but at least he allowded him to finish his speech . Not too Kool for LaValle when he calls himself the peoples Mayor . The guy is a frigging liar 1 I AM VOTING FOR - JERRY DROZ .

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LaVallee cuts everyone off at 3 minutes - its the alloted time. Everyone equal no fav_s no hates = he just did me the other night - cause the 3 minute buzzer went off - I could NOT finish - no biggy = my fault for not checking the time of my talk. (so you gona vote for me too?) --

and Peter LIKES me -- still cut me off .. as he does anyone over the 3 minute timer.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice try , Peter ! But WE AIN'T BUYING YOUR BULL CRAP ANYMORE !

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can obtain recorded tapes with the City Clerk - LIE Vallee !

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can obtain recorded tapes with the City Clerk - LIE Vallee !

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Droz had good rights to start screaming at him . We are sick of the Lavallee regime and all the others . As , Jerry said , "It's time for a change !

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the crap your reading about , Jerry's campaign is put out Bass - Lavalle campaign liars .

Peter L.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope , Jerry Droz screams at Lievallee some more . He deserves it . KEEP BASS AND LIEVALLEE OUT OF OFFICE THIS NOVEMBER !

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's time for a change! I saw one of the debates and honestly, I find all three candidates disturbing. Glad I don't reside in Eureka.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home