Monday, February 12, 2007

How Dare He???

Looks like yours truly might have actually gotten the boot from a blog- a libertarian blog nonetheless. How funny.

Joe, over at the Joe Libertarian blog, hadn't posted anything new in over two months, so, I finally posted one of my " time to roll up this blog and shut 'er down..." comments on his blog.

I go back there again this morning and see he's changed his blog so that only those that are invited can view it. All I get when I go there is a page saying I need permission to view the blog and I don't see any link to ask permission to view it.

Hmmm...I didn't know you could do that. I knew you could restrict comments to members only but I didn't know you could restrict actual viewing to only those invited.

What cracks me up is I recall something he posted a while back about going to an Orange County LP meeting and making a presentation on how to run a successful libertarian outreach blog, or some such thing.

I hardly think having a video of the history of the Libertarian Party as the latest post on your blog for two months qualifies as successful outreach, never mind having a blog only viewable to those specifically invited.

Oh well, I was going to drop that blog from my list anyway since it was so infrequently updated. Still, how could anyone have the nerve to boot ME?

Update: I just noticed I still have a link to his blog on this blog. I thought I'd removed it some time ago. I should definitely remove it now. No use cluttering up my blog list with a dead blog.

12 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or is our boy Fred getting a little touchy lately?

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or is our boy Fred getting a little touchy lately?

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

Naw, bloggers are getting a little bit touchy.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe people just don't like you Fred.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your stalker doesn't realize he is a guest on your blog, Fred.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred seems to have upset the Charles Douglas/ Nick Bravo asslickers.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this guy doesn't like fake Libertarians.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should email him Fred, instead of airing your dirty laundry in public. How childish of you.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I guess I better be more careful about things here, at least as far as using sarcasm and such is concerned. I have to remember it's hard for some people to catch on to parody or sarcasm on the web- even e- mail as far as that goes.

1:41, I really don't care that he booted me. In fact, maybe it's not available to anyone anymore and he just doesn't want to shut his blog down. I was just having some fun.

Also, as I said, I was going to drop that blog from my list anyway, since he rarely posts anything.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much mileage can we get out of talking about something as stupid as political party affiliation? Imagine Fred that everytime you type Libertarian it was Republican or Democrat. Nobody gives a f*ck what party you're from, it's your ideas- we're not all freshmen up at HSU- spouting off about your political party is played out! Who is the most famous Libertarian ever? What has the Libertarian Party gotten done, besides getting Bush elected?

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Uncle Enore said...

I've never understood why people get offended or upset by differing opinions or attitudes.

I stopped pouting about opinions that I didn't care for YEARS ago.

That doesn't mean I enjoy or care for all the things that are said to me...but I realize they are just thoughts, words.

Those things don't scare me, and very seldom offend me. They're just thoughts and words.

ACTIONS...those are the important things.

Fuck him, Fred. Not to worry...

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred its not good sarcasm when it is entirely plausible your colleagues would suddenly stop talking to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home