Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weird Hotspot Website

Check out this wireless hotspot web site I bumped into. It's supposed to be a directory of wireless hotspots around the world. Funny thing is, it just has cities listed by name with no reference to what country the city is in.

Of the two listings for Eureka, one is for Eureka in Humboldt, the other is from somewhere else.

So, I decide to add some of the hotspots for Eureka listed on the HumboldtHotSpots web site. Of course, that site doesn't seem to be working right for me either. But, I take two; City Barber Shop and Eureka Chamber of Commerce, and try to add them to the other directory.

Funny, that the hotspotflare web site is supposed to be international yet it doesn't have a field for State when you try and add a hot spot. It has a field for SSID. What's that mean?

Anyway, I press the Submit button and a small window opens from Firefox saying I'm about to open an html file and how do I want to open it or do I want to Save It To Disk. What's that all about? I tried the various options and all I get is some Page Not Found type of page.

Anyone else want to give it a try? Let me know if you can get it to work.

6 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just added the Fortuna Chamber of Commerce (corner of 14th and Main Streets) to the listing. Didn't have any problem.

The Fortuna Chamber has had free WI-FI available for about a year now. I also believe Fortuna's River Lodge has the same.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Did you add it to the hotspotflare site? I didn't see it listed on either that or the Humboldthotspot site.

Of course, it might take a while to actually show up on the list.

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred,

Yeah, you're right, I cannot load the Fortuna WI-FI on the hotspotflare web site. Had I comprehended your post from the start... anyway it will give me something to do tonight.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Be sure and add it to HumboldtHotSpot site, if you haven't done so already.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10-4, I did that but it hasn't shown up yet.

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway, I press the Submit button and a small window opens from Firefox saying I'm about to open an html file and how do I want to open it or do I want to Save It To Disk.

DANGER, Will Robinson!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home