Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Pond Club

How cool. Looks like there's a new club starting up in Humboldt: The Pond Club. That should be a fun one. I'll bet Carol and Greg will be among the first to join. I believe they have a small fish pond at their house.

Who doesn't love ponds? I always have. Maybe this will motivate me to dig a hole in my back yard and put together the pond kit the wife's parents gave me as a gift some years ago? That will take some work, though.

As an aside, for some real pond inspiration, best book I ever saw on ponds, if memory serves me correct, was called The Pond Book. A friend brought it to work when I worked at Juvenile Hall. I forget who wrote it or who the publisher was but it was just a book full of pictures of ponds people had built. Really neat.

Couldn't find it on Amazon.com but I did see it on the shelf years ago in the book section of Pearson's Garden Center.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I don't know, Fred, 4H keeps me busy with kids,rabbits and plant science.

Also, those new feeder fish have either been hiding or were eaten. This year there is quite a big population of heron and egrets. I am afraid they have found our water feature.

Anyways, thank you for the post! I believe I have talked with these folks at the Farmer's Market.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug and Patti are great people.

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do! Build the pond. The best beginner book on ponds is put out by Aquascapes and while you don't have to use their system, it's a great reference. Called 'Pond Builders Bible" - easy to understand and clear in its directions.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger FaulknA said...

Real Goods has some great books on ponds. Check out their catalog or stop in at Hopland next time you drive by. They keep them on the shelf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home