Saturday, August 04, 2007

Anyone You Know?

Attorney- At- Law, Dennis Beaver's column piqued my curiosity this morning. It's hard to tell if he's actually referring to Eureka in his story as he says precise locations and names aren't being used. To further complicate things, Beaver works out of Kern County.

Still, he does mention Eureka and some cabin south of Eureka. I'm wondering if any of the players involved in the lawsuit described are known to any of us?

Eric, Ed, Bill....anyone want to fess up?

Anyone else familiar with such a case around here?

8 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrible story. Sometimes the best way to make a big headache even worse is to hire a lawyer.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger samoasoftball said...

I read that story and it made me sick! Who is it!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, I would love to know also.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

Wow! Sounds pretty bad. I will be predictable and caution that there is probably another side to the story, but it doesn't look good based on that narrative.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

Okay, I just reread the article. It's not uncommon to ask for a $5000 retainer for trial prep on top of what has already been paid. You want to be paid before the results of the trial because it's harder to get the money later if it doesn't go well for your client (or even if it does). I don't know about an additional 5 grand after the trial starts. Maybe it was just an inadvertent double billing.

Something's missing. I'd like to hear the other side. Probably won't get that chance.

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Singleton ring a bell?

There is no moral or ethical dollar he will step over to pick up a penny.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Lee Carzola.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the initials are PW - arcata.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home