Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Stepped Up Enforcement" Here?

Last month I commented on the City of Eureka's plan to "step up enforcement" of their abandoned vehicle abatement program. I was wondering just what "stepped up" meant, as I think they handle the issue fairly well now, from what I've seen.

Well, what goes around comes around. It must be because I turned in the abandoned vehicle along the Trinity Street side of my house a while back. They came and picked it up the other night. Now they're after me.

After sitting in my house for days on end because of the rain I went outside today to try get some work done. I go down to load my mower in my trailer and, lo and behold, there's a yellow sticker on the back of it with a notice it's been sitting there too long (since the last day I worked) and might be subject to removal under vehicle abatement.

I've said before abandoned vehicles are one of my pet peeves. I also worried about how this supposed "stepped up enforcement" would work and how far it would go. Well, here's some indication of what the future might hold.

Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, more irony. It's everywhere isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home