Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Animal Deaths From No- Show?

I knew it! Well, I guess it's still too early to say I was right and I guess I can't say I was right, anyway, since I didn't mention my suspicions here.

The owners of all those dead animals have been found and contacted the Sheriff's Office. According to the Times- Standard there's some indication this may have been the result of some foul up in acquiring a house sitter. The T-S doesn't say much more about this, at least not yet, but I wondered if it might be something like that.

As I mentioned earlier, it seemed to me a likely possibility some accident had befallen the family as I couldn't imagine someone abandoning such a collection of critters. Then, I read the other day the Sheriff's Office had a "pretty good idea of where the owners were". So, I figured they weren't dead.

Then I started wondering what else might of happened and I thought that maybe somebody was supposed to take care of the animals while the people were gone and for some reason some wires got crossed and it didn't happen with the owners thinking the pets were being taken care of.

I wasn't sure but that sounded like that might be a possibility. We'll have to wait and see how this develops. I'm kind of bummed I didn't post my thoughts here earlier so I could have been proven right, assuming I end up being right.

7 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred....Now, were you supposed to take care of those animals?

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's okay Fred....I still think you're a pretty good guy. With lots going on between the ears. ;)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

But...but...I thought they said they were going out of town in FEBRUARY!

No. Not funny, but things like that do happen.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch. next year there will be a law that requires a licensed pet sitter be hired (with govt vouchers) if a petowner leaves town...if a govt worker deems you uncompliant, the pet will be turned in to the govt-run animal shelter.

pet regulation is big business. i gotta find a niche. i should have gone to law school and become a pet lawyer. there is still time...

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

But, as some of the commentors on the Times- Standard web site point out, wouldn't you call home to make sure everything's ok if you had so many animals and someone else was supposed to be taking care of them?

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you folks...you are buying the fact that they are telling the truth about the "pet sitter." Oh, come on now!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger kaivalya said...

wouldn't you call home to make sure everything's ok if you had so many animals and someone else was supposed to be taking care of them?

I lost a snake to a pet-sitter that chose to simply lied to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home