Sunday, February 24, 2008

KMUD Sunday Talk

I've been wondering about this Sunday Talk show on KMUD I just heard for the first time last(?) month. I haven't caught the host's name but the main subject seems to be motorcycles.

Last month was just a general motorcycle moment and they got at least a couple callers. Right now they seem to be talking about motocross racing and motoring in the mud. I can't help but wonder how well that subject goes over with the SoHum crowd? After all, didn't they shut down that motocross track in Phillipsville(?).

I enjoy listening to the chatter, but not many others down there seem to, judging from the number of call- ins, or lack thereof. Seems to me it would be totally non- pc to be talking motocross.

Then there's that other Sunday Talk show on KMUD: The Edge of the Heard(?). Yes, Eric, I can't tell if it's herd or heard, either. Either works, I suppose.

I've been really enjoying that one and finally got the hosts name: Bud Rogers. He's fun to listen to, especially when he had that sidekick of his on there that one time. Seems to me Bud should be third member of the Cheech and Chong team. He's fun, but it was kinda weird that one show he had where he seemed to read from a book the whole show, with the exception of a few call- ins.

I don't always get to listen to Sunday Talk. Are they any other good ones I'm missing?

5 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a good show every other Sunday about 1:30ish hosted by two Vietnam war vets who talk about war, the military and related current events.

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great show about a great subject. Motor sports are great fun,great economy and need to be supported on the north coast. I support parks and conservation and equally peoples needs and right to recreational enjoyment however they choose. It's about time KMUD became balanced.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Bud Rodgers ran for supervisor in the 2nd district in 2004.

Programming varies on Sunday. Some shows are monthly or bimonthly. Check out the KMUD website for the program information.

The Harley Run is held every year in Garberville.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"Check out the KMUD website for the program information.".

Actually, I did. I checked yesterday to try and find out the host of the show I was listening to's name. All it says on their calendar is "Sunday Talk". If you click on "More Details", it says the same thing but includes the time of the show.

I liked their old web page better.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the people of SoHum did want the track as did the majority of the people in Humboldt County. The county even spent big money to try and keep it there. Certain extremist environmental groups then turned to SF area judges and pretty much a bunch of non-locals shut down a track that the locals wanted. It was a shame too. That track was great for many businesses throughout Humboldt and gave families and kids something productive to do in the area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home