Wednesday, April 09, 2008

NTU Rates Congress On 2007

The National Taxpayer's Union just released our representatives in Congress' scores for 2007. The scores being in regards to how taxpayer friendly those members are. They base the scores on actual roll call votes on all 609 bills in the House and Senate last session that dealt with tax, regulatory and spending issues.

According to the NTU's release,"Despite campaign-trail promises from many Members of Congress to put Washington on a stricter diet, our 2007 Rating shows that, by and large, the only things shrinking on Capitol Hill are lawmakers' pro-taxpayer scores,".

Not surprising, were California Senators Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein, both receiving Fs last year and every other year on the list. I suppose I wasn't all that surprised with presidential candidate, Barack Obama, receiving an F last year, either.

I was a little surprised to see Hillary Clinton with a straight F record. I know that sounds strange coming from a Hillary- hater but I figured she was probably wishy- washy enough to waver on some issues just enough to maybe grab a D rating at some point in time. I guess I was wrong in that regard.

No surprise, either, with Republican presidential candidate, Ron Paul, getting an A and ending up in the NTU's top 50 taxpayer's friends in the House, either.

Two bigger surprises: Our very own Mike Thompson, who scored an F last year and every other year on their list. I figured he might just have been middle- of- the- roadish just enough to get a D or maybe even a C. I guess not.

Also, GOP nut- case and presidential contender, John McCain. He gets an A for 2007 and even is at the top of NTU's list of taxpayer's friends in the Senate. Not only that, he has a history of A scores with the NTU. I figured, like Hillary, he'd be wishy- washy enough on the issues to end up with scores somewhere in the middle. Somehow or another he manipulated his votes into a good score with NTU.

Nope, I still won't be voting for him. I'll likely be voting Libertarian come November, if I vote at all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home