Friday, May 30, 2008

More Free WiFi In Eureka

I just noticed Pizza Hut, in North Eureka, offers free wireless internet now. I have no idea how long they've offered it but today was the first time I noticed it advertised on their sign. I'd really be interested in seeing just how well covered Eureka and some other places are with wireless.

An interesting, though time consuming project, would be to travel around Eureka and stop every block or so and see if you could go online. Then make a map showing the covered and uncovered areas. You could do it kinda like Myrtletown.net's coverage map. I bet we'd be surprised how well covered some areas are, especially downtown and, of course, Myrtletown.

I don't have the time to do it, though. Anybody else got some time on their hands?

As an aside, it's a shame to see that Humboldt Hotspots web site went by the wayside. A more detailed coverage map would have fit in perfectly with that site.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thought of a black SUV driving around Eureka with a guy, wearing dark sunglasses and a black suit, typing away at a laptop in search of free coverage in the passenger seat would be an excellent adventure to partake in.

We could then charge residents $2 a pop to get a map. hehe.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So I was searching for free wifi spots around eureka because I am considering moving there. I found this if it is helpful http://www.openwifispots.com/FinderDirectoryCity.aspx?City=Eureka&State=CA
It seems a camp site has wifi.
Anyway any advice to someone who is thinking of moving there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home