Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Online Voter Registration Available Soon

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, you might be able to register to vote online in a year or two. I guess they're going to merge records with the Department of Motor Vehicles and use your driver's license signature for verifications. Sounds good to me.

One thing I (and probably a number of people need to do) is update my signature with the Registrar of Voters' office. Signatures change over time and I know mine is nothing like it was, say, 20 years ago, although I last registered to vote in '92, I believe. If you happen to be one of the few that get spot checked during an election, they might invalidate your vote if the signatures don't match.

Gotta update that one of these days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home