Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Long's Gone?

I believe at least one of our local papers mentioned this a while ago, but the Ukiah Daily Journal reminded me that Long's Drugs has been bought by the CVS chain of drug stores. What this means in real terms I'm not sure.

I'm wondering what exactly the changes will be. Will they actually change the names of the stores, or will they still be named the same and operate as they do now but just be owned by CVS? Anybody familiar with the CVS chain? I'm just hoping they don't screw up Long's Drugs like Rite- Aid did when they bought out Payless.




3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CVS bought out the Savon stores in So. Cal and it seems like it remained pretty much the same. They have their own brands as well as the name brands. They do change the store name to CVS though.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I went back east there were CVS everywhere. Those and Dunkin' Donuts.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder why Long's spent all that money re-doing the store's interiors, like they did in the Arcata and Eureka stores. Kinda like sprucing up the house to sell it?
I hope they keep the same pharmacy employee's at least, the folks at the Myrtle Av store are very nice and very good at their jobs. I know nothing of CVS as a company, guess I'll have to hit the web.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home