Monday, October 13, 2008

Cell Tower Info

Interesting stuff over at Capdiamont's blog this morning. He tells us a little bit about cell phone towers. He even has a link to this site where you can type in your address and [eventually] see a map of all the cell phone tower locations around your house. Pretty neat.

As for me, I'm not particularly worried about cell phone towers in my neighborhood. I actually think there could be some negative physical effects from them but microwaves are everywhere nowadays. About the only way to get rid of them is to give up life itself. If worried about microwaves, I'd recommend just getting over it.

Oh, I found it interesting that the antenna location web site doesn't show the proposed one on Harris Street in Eureka that all the fuss is being made over.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If people only knew how saturated with microwave and radio frequencies the atmosphere surrounding Humboldt Bay really is.

When is the aluminum hat store going to open? Right next to the cell phone store, I hope.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Capdiamont said...

Thanks Fred. I think the reason it isn't on there yet, is it hasn't gotten to the federal level yet. IE if it can't pass local stuff why waste time and money on submitting to federal.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"If people only knew how saturated with microwave and radio frequencies the atmosphere surrounding Humboldt Bay really is."

I've always thought about that. You'd think there'd be so many microwave and radio signals flying around there wouldn't be room for any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home