Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Talk About Cell Tower Problems...

So the people around the 200 block of Harris Street think they have problems with cell phone towers? Ok, I think it's probably a good idea that the city council address this issue a little more deeply. The Harris Street tower won't be the first, or last, tower erected in Eureka.

But I was in the waiting room at USCF Medical Center yesterday, picked up a San Francisco Examiner that was laying nearby and found this story. Boy, the Harris Street folks think their tower would be intrusive.

If you've ever seen the radio tower on San Francisco's Mount Sutro, you'll know it's HUGE. Almost 1000 feet high. It's not far to the south of UCSF Medical Center and me, being afraid of heights, gives me the willies every time I see it.

Despite still being fascinated by that tower, I wouldn't want something like that in my back yard. They say if an earthquake made it fall down it might "damage" some nearby homes. Heck, it would smash the nearby houses. Nope, not in my back yard.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home