Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Help Map The Rain

I was intrigued by this piece in yesterday's Eureka Reporter. Sounds like it might be fun helping these guys take recordings of rainfall levels.

I'd probably go ahead and volunteer except you have to have a certain kind of rain gauge- a "four inch" gauge- to participate.

That's a shame as we have one very similar to the one on the left about twelve feet from our back door. I think it's real accurate, at least as far as averages go. It nearly always gives the same readings the weather service releases after it's rained. I guess the biggest problem is the graduations are in quarter inch. Looks like the ones they want you to use have smaller graduations.

Anyone else interested in trying out this rain monitor thing? To join up, you just fill out this form and, if you don't already have one, order one of these rain gauges.

If anybody takes a shot at it, let me know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home