Saturday, November 08, 2008

Progress

The Press- Democrat reports that the widening of Highway 101 at Santa Rosa was completed yesterday. Sounds like it should be fairly easy to make it through there now.

In related news, the Ukiah Daily Journal reports the north and south sections of the Confusion Hill bypass bridge were connected Thursday. It isn't planned to be opened for traffic, though, until October of next year.

For some reason I still have a hard time thinking of Confusion Hill as being in Mendocino County rather than Humboldt.

5 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CALTRANS, how about getting to work on the biggest bottleneck, Willits. I thought the low-budget 2-lane bypass was approved. We need to have a big party when we don't have to see beautiful downtown Willits any longer.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Hey, I like Willits.

Then again, I can't wait until the bypass is done so, when I do go through there, everybody else won't be clogging up traffic.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bypass was not approved as far as I know. As far as being a bottleneck I don't find it too bad as we stop there to get a snack when traveling anyway. I have been in worse traffic on Broadway more times than in Willits.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I believe it has been approved. Do a search on the CalTrans site and you'll find some pdf files on it.

It hasn't been that bad in the off season, but during the summer it can really get clogged up where 101 turns into a one- lane right around where Burger King is.

I think it took us something like 45 minutes to get through that spot one time.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

As I said, though, we'll probably always go through Willits if only because that's usually where the cheapest gas is and I usually look forward to stopping at Taco Bell for refreshments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home