Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another MacTown Kid Hurt In Mendo

Wasn't some other Mckinleyville teenager hurt or killed in some traffic accident in Mendocino County not long ago? Maybe it was Sonoma County?

Anyway, I appreciate these gal's intentions, but seems like pretty poor judgment risking one's life to try and save a hurt cat in the middle of the road in the rain at night. Hey, I'm a cat lover myself, but most cats run over by cars end up being put to sleep even if getting run over doesn't kill them. Bad move.

Still, one of my pet peeves is people that don't even slow down when they see a dog or cat on the street. That said, better judgment should certainly have been used in this case.
**********

Speaking of cats, When we stayed in Willits a couple weeks ago, we were watching the Animal Planet channel. They had a show on about Savannah cats. Awesome cats, if you've never seen them. They're a cross between an African Serval and a domestic cat.

I'd never heard of them before, but I think I've seen one here locally. I won't say exactly where, except that it was in Myrtletown and I just saw it twice briefly hanging around my truck. Such cats aren't the kind most would just let run wild so I figured it must have gotten away from its owner the two times I saw it.

At least it sure looked like a Savannah.

There's a bunch of other exotic cats available that are crosses of different animals. Check out this page for links to a bunch of sites with neat pictures of them. Don't get too carried away, though. These cats are pricey, with some going for over $20,000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home