Monday, January 19, 2009

California's Sundown

I found this commentary on the how California came to be in the mess it is today quite compelling. It's actually a bit longer of a read than my attention span usually allows for but I broke tradition and read the whole thing.

I know some will likely call this guy a right- winger since he seems to lay blame for the state's meltdown on the modern Democrats running the state, but I don't see how anyone can argue with him. It's true.
**********
For those trying to see a silver lining in the state's condition, the Sacramento Bee's Dan Weintraub made an effort towards that yesterday. It didn't work for me.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I submit that Joel Kotkin and people like him who came to California for the reasons he describes are the problem. He doesn't appreciate California for the best things this state has to offer. He has no clue, if you ask me.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I think he's right on the money.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Silver Bee said...

After reading this twice, I found more partisan jabs than solutions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home