Friday, January 09, 2009

Dump The Damned Trees

For those of you that were dumb enough to buy those stupid Christmas trees, now is the time to get rid of them. They're accepted free at most of our local garbage and recycling centers, up to a certain date, of course.

The last day City Garbage accepts them free is January 11. That's good because I just picked one up at a customers house and couldn't remember exactly when the deadline is. Deadlines for some of the local dump spots are listed here.

I dump the customers trees for free while there's free disposal available. Not because I'm a great guy but because I hate Christmas and anything that's related to it and take great joy in getting rid of anything Christmas related.

So lets get rid of them. I never cease to be amazed how so many of you seem to have no problem getting a tree home, but getting rid of them is too much for you to handle. Make me proud. Get rid of yours today.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I burned mine the other day and WOW, what a show.

Do you think I could bring in my blackened tree carcass for disposal?

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Do you even have a blackened carcas left?

Ours in ready to burn when we get around to it. It is too cold this AM.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Christmas too, Fred. Wow, we both have something in common. All those trees, such a waste. Buy a live tree next year if you must participate in the largest retail holiday of the year.

Happy Earth Day!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I'd suggest not buying any tree next Christmas.

I can proudly say I haven't bought a Christmas tree, or strung any Christmas lights or other decorations the entire 35 years I've lived up here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home