Friday, January 23, 2009

A Tale of Two Cities

I found this interesting additional reading involving the posts I made earlier in regards El Paso, Texas and its attempts to open discussion on the drug war. The New York Times took a look at both El Paso and its sister city, Juarez, just across the border.

El Paso supposedly ranks as the third safest city in the U.S., but all hell has broken loose in Juarez.
From what the story says, the violence in Juarez seems to have escalated after the Mexican government made a big effort to crack down on drugs there.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Tapperass said...

How do the Lawless govern the Lawless?

-boy

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger samoasoftball said...

Man, that article is surreal. I have a sister living in El Paso and my sister Mary used to train race horses there. My Sister Nita does not go to Juarez anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home