Friday, February 13, 2009

Ocean Salmon Fishing This Year?

Del Norte County's Daily Triplicate reports that salmon runs in the Klamath were real good last fall. So good, some are thinking ocean fishing for salmon might be allowed this year. Ocean fishing for salmon wasn't allowed last year.

Not so sure I'm as optimistic as some are over this as this is just the Klamath River and I have yet to hear reports from other ones. Still, that's pretty good news coming from a river with supposed fish- killing dams on it.


2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Doc Anchovy said...

Don't count on it.

By the way and just to re-plug Winco...Have you tried the IQF'd Alaskan Sockeye? At $3.89lb, from Peter Pan Seafoods in Seattle via Copper River, Ak. or thereabouts, it's a righteous deal. I've smoked a couple of them and the only hard part was "keeping them lit".

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"IQF"? I'm guessing that's those frozen salmon in the freezer section of the meat dept?

If so, no, but I've tried some of the other frozen fish as it seemed like a pretty good deal. We tried a couple bags of bulk fish. I think one was soule and one was pollock, or some such. I wasn't very impressed with either of them. Seemed tasteless to me.

I've been tempted to try some of the other frozen fish but figure I'd end up as disappointed with the ones we've already tried.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home