Saturday, April 11, 2009

Confusion Hill

The Redwood Times takes a look at the owner/ operators of Confusion Hill this week. The Campbells face a big hit to their business when the Confusion Hill Bypass bridge(s) open June 25. Makes you wonder how some of the businesses down by Richardson Grove would feel if a bypass was being built as opposed to a simple realignment?

I was a bit confused when I read about the bridges being opened. Then I realized that the bridge actually consists of two spans that meet by going through the slope of the far side of the river.

I also had to be reminded that Confusion Hill is in Mendocino County. Without thinking much about it I generally consider anything north of Leggett to be part of Humboldt County. It feels like Humboldt to me, anyway.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently drove through the area with my family.. Quite rankly I found that place of business to be straight out of deliverance.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confusion hill is a wonderful place to bring your family. Not only does it have a giftshop & gravity house, that is open year round. But also a mountain train ride(late april til the first rain) and snack bar that is open from late April til late september. Most people, like my family & I have a great time, but some start there trip in a bad mood( I feel so sorry for them.)The owners are great folks, just trying to make a living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home