Saturday, April 04, 2009

New Advertisers In Town

Maybe a couple weeks ago I first saw these guys driving by my house. Anybody else? Different sign, but same kind of truck and the photo doesn't really show the truck looking as odd as it does.

That's actually a flatbed truck and the sign on the bed is 3 or 4 feet wide, if you looked at the truck from the front or behind. Looks rather strange on the road.

I couldn't figure out what the truck was all about except the sides of the big thing on the bed said something about Chase Bank.

Then I saw it again yesterday on Henderson Street while I was driving to Winco. I noticed on the back of the sign a url: www.doitoutdoors.com. I checked it when I got home and come to find out these guys drive, or walk around, advertising for people.

I suppose a welcome is in order for a new business in town. I'll have to say, though, I wonder about the efficacy of their advertising if I couldn't figure out what they were about until I went to the advertiser's web page?

2 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger AJ said...

1. "Looks rather strange on the road." Translation: you took notice.

2. "I couldn't figure out what the truck was all about..." Translation: you gave the sign significant thought.

3. "...something about Chase Bank." Translation: You saw and remembered the advertiser's name.

4. "Then I saw it again..." Translation: Your initial exposure stuck in your memory and you took notice again the second time.

5. "I noticed on the back of the sign a url: www.doitoutdoors.com." Translation: They moved you to positive action, albeit not for the company being advertised.

Bonus: they got you to blog it in what amounts to a non-critical way. You've presented the billboard as a mystery item and your readers will take notice when they see it on the road.

As far as name recognition goes, I'd say the ad was a success for Chase Bank and Do It Outdoors.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"As far as name recognition goes, I'd say the ad was a success for Chase Bank and Do It Outdoors.".

Perhaps, but I'd say not for me as I still have no interest in looking further into Chase Bank. Then again, maybe that's because I've gotten stuff in the mail from them, off and on, for years (that could also be the reason I noticed their name on the sign).

I also don't know that it would be money well spent to use this advertising service although maybe others with more money than I have would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home