Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tom Campbell on the Propositions

Past U.S. Congressman, Senate candidate and current gubernatorial hopeful, Tom Campbell, has made his positions on all but one of the upcoming ballot initiatives known. I like his approach although I'm still not sure what to think of Prop 1A (he supports it). I might follow his recommendations on some of the others, though. I'll wait until I read the arguments in the voter pamphlet before I decide.

If nothing else, I can't help but like the guy for taking a calm, objective look at the upcoming election, rather than some of the temper- tantrum- like recommendations we've seen so much of lately.

********
Just stumbled in to this commentary against Prop 1A. She seems to feel the same way I do that it doesn't go as far as it should. The question is, is Prop 1A the best we can realistically hope for?

As always, if asked for a login at the Sacramento Bee web site, you can use humboldtlib as the username and blogspot as the password.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

I guess I have to look at these things. When is the election again?

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Tuesday, May 19, according to my sample ballot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home