Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tork on Jackson

Just thought I'd mention this for my fellow Monkees fans. Peter Tork, one of my favorites in the band, had a commentary published in the Santa Rosa Press- Democrat today. It has to do with Michael Jackson but, unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what he's trying to say.

Addendum: Just found this interview with Mickey Dolenz. Most notable is him saying that Peter Tork has some rare form of tongue cancer. If anyone else can find out something about this, let us know.

5 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

I've always liked Mike Nesmith, a good musician with a solid reputation in Nashville.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Except I could never understand why he'd wear that wool hat all the time in the hot California sun.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Eel River Ernie said...

I think the point he makes is:
"...just about everybody grows up believing two things, at least for some part of their lives. One is that you can’t do this life thing alone, and, two, that there is no help."

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

The last I've seen of any of the Monkees was David Jones hawking the time-life anthology of music on an infomercial. Whatever happened to his locker anyway?

My kids love the Monkees. At three and four he used to dance to the theme and sing it. He's too cool now at seven, but he still likes to watch. He really likes Last Train to Clarksville.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Zan said...

Here is Peter's account of what's been going on, in his own words ... http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkup/2009/07/my_blog_last_week_about.html

He is currently on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/peter.tork) keeping folks who want to know informed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home