Friday, July 17, 2009

Wyndham Rewards, Anyone?

Anyone interested in joining the Wyndham Rewards program? I've mentioned these folks before. You earn points with them by overnight stays at affiliated hotels, motels and inns around the country. Once you build up enough points, you can redeem those points for free stays, or merchandise.

The reason I'm posting this is they're having a drawing for free nights plus a Grand Prize of one million Wyndham Rewards points (I believe a stay at the Day's Inn costs 8000 or 9000 points). If I won that one, I don't think I'd ever have to pay for a night at the Novato Day's Inn again in my lifetime!

Not that I'm expecting to win but, for everyone that joins Wyndham Rewards using this link, I get an extra entry. Same goes for you if you join.

Wyndham Rewards doesn't cost you anything and they only send you an e- mail or snail mail every 3 or 4 months letting you know of your point totals and any special deals they're offering. So, nothing to lose but you might get a free stay at a hotel somewhere if you stay at affiliate hotels.

A slight word of warning, though, that I think I've mentioned before about Wyndham Rewards:

They'll send you offers, for example, of double points if you book a room through them during a particular time period. Problem is, the time I tried the offer, I found out later I could of booked the room for $15.00 less if I'd booked it directly through Day's Inn. Not sure the extra points would of been worth the $15.00. I'd still have gotten the regular points if I'd just booked my room directly as I usually do.

Also, you have to check and make sure your points get credited to you. When I booked that one time through the Rewards program, not only did I pay more for the room, they didn't give me the double points. I don't remember if I got on their case about that but I read somewhere that if you call them up you can get your points back. I got the impression that happens fairly often with them.

So, nothing to lose by joining even if you don't travel all that much, but you can start earning points as soon as you do and if you use this link, I get another entry and you get your first entry. Maybe one of us will be the big winner of a million Wyndham Rewards points! That would be a good win.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I think we finally have enough points for a free room at Day's Inn, Novato, now. I'll let you know how it goes. Won't reserve the room until later.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Novato takes 10,000 points for one night. Still haven't checked out the Novato Travelodge but the last time we were in Novato the Travelodge was more expensive. Guess it is the summer rates that make the difference.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Actually, I thought the Travelodge costs less points, but it's been a while. I checked earlier this year and, unless I'm remembering wrong, we had enough points to stay at the Travelodge, but not the Day's Inn.

I think you're right about the Day's Inn. Something like 10,000 points and we have a little over 10,000 points on our account now.

The points earned depend on how much you spend. I think we earned around 860+- whenever we'd stay at Day's Inn, depending on time of year and rate charged.

I'll have to look closer at this, but I got to thinking it might have been a good deal to pay $15.00 more if you get double points. Double points would basically be a two night stay for the price of a one night plus $15.00.

Hmmm??? I'll have to think about that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home