Thursday, August 06, 2009

Coastal Shutdowns Begin

Looks like the state Fish and Game Commission ignored the pleas of sport fishermen and went ahead and closed off, or severely restricted, fishing in around 20% of the state's coastal waters by turning them into marine preserves. It's unclear but I'm guessing that's 20% in addition to the marine preserves that already exist.

I'm thinking this doesn't look good for Humboldt's fishing future but we'll have to wait and see. I suspect this will just be the beginning as it is with everything else in this state and it won't be but a few years before it will be difficult to buy fish caught in California as there will be few if any places to go fishing. I hope I'm wrong.

Things are looking worse and worse around here. I'm scared to death for my future.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Mike Buettner said...

"Things are looking worse and worse around here. I'm scared to death for my future."


You've got to be kidding right?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I'm totally serious.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Pogo said...

Fred,
Hurry on down to unload that old Ford F-150 in the cash for clunkers boondoggle. Think of it as going into debt for a few tens of thousands of dollars for the good of the "messiah's save the world anti global warming" agenda. We must all "do our part".

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Ayn Rand said...

Don't worry Fred, the health insurance industry and all of your free market liberal friends will be there to comfort you when you fall.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More like push you off the cliff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home