Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ash and Marks: Pounding the Pavement

What was it: Yesterday, or the day before, that Richard Marks stopped by? He was going door- to- door campaigning for Harbor Commissioner. Today, John Ash stopped by doing the same thing. They both even have similar campaign brochures.

I'll give John one point I won't give Richard: John's campaign web site is a .org site instead of .com. Drives me nuts when people use .com instead of .org on political sites, but I've already gone over that here, haven't I?


Who'll stop by next?

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Informed candidates only knock on doors of people who have voted in past elections and are likely to vote for the candidate (as predicted by the voter's political party).

Trying to change a mind or get engrossed in a long discussion (debate) is not what a candidate wants. The idea is to lock in the votes that are the easiest to get.

So, are Marks and Ash of the same political persuasion, thus explaining why they knocked on your door? Or is one of the candidates really knocking on every single door?

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

...are Marks and Ash of the same political persuasion, thus explaining why they knocked on your door?.

I wouldn't know about that. I'm registered with the Libertarian Party and have been since '92 so, by political persuasion, neither would have a reason to knock on my door.

Richard Marks might have stopped by because he knew me. John Ash doesn't know me. I noticed that when Richard headed south on my street he skipped a number of houses. I didn't notice where John went after he left my house as I went back inside.

As far as getting involved in long discussions, you may be right, but I got the feeling John Ash wanted to chat a little longer than we did. Hey, I was in the middle of my morning session of Aces High. He came at the wrong time.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Susan Penn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home