Sunday, September 20, 2009

Explorer vs. Firefox: One difference

Interesting difference that might demonstrate security of one browser over another although I'm not quite sure how these things work so I can't say for sure:

Went to download the latest version of Roboform to my laptop. For some reason, although I had Firefox already opened, Internet Explorer opened to the download site for Roboform. I went ahead and tried to download the upgrade but Explorer opened the site to some other kind of software- one of those supposed registry cleaners. I didn't want that and finally realized I was being taken to an additional site I didn't want to go to. I got back to the main site and downloaded the proper upgrade.

Tried the same thing on my Alienware computer. This time I made sure and use Firefox. I went straight to the download site and never got diverted to the other one. Score one for Mozilla Firefox, I'd say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home