Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Why do they call it Black Friday, anyway?

It's supposed to be the biggest shopping day of the year today, but you won't catch me out there. I noticed a couple online polls that say less than 15% of the people are planning on shopping today so I guess for once I'm not alone.

Nope, I won't be shopping, but one thing I'd suggest doing is stopping by and buying something at any of the stores that chose to stay open yesterday. They deserve your support. Stop by Rite- Aid today. Buy something and tell them you stopped by just to show appreciation for them being open yesterday. That's what I'd do.

5 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous humboldturtle said...

Y'mean, if you were gonna go out today it would be to thank people for working yesterday?

Tomorrow you can thank them for working on Black Friday. No need to go out yet. Then Sunday you can thank 'em for working Saturday, and of course on Monday they deserve gratitude for working Sunday.

Thank YOU, Fred.

Happy Thanks-giving.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I believe it is called Black Friday, because it is the time of year that pulls retailers out of the fiscal red into the fiscal black. I think I read this somewhere or heard it on the Today Show years ago.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Tomorrow you can thank them for working on Black Friday..

No. Nearly everyone is open for business today. The idea is to thank businesses that are open on holidays. If more and more businesses would stay open on holidays, at least it would make holidays a little bit less noticeable.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous humboldturtle said...

Oh.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Esquan wrote (on the thread below): "Well it shows that those businesses are if nothing else,less discriminatory.".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home