Sunday, January 10, 2010

End of Quake Miscellaneous

I'm gonna head to Winco soon to see if it's open. I'll do a bit of rubbernecking for quake damage on the way.

Connie wanted to go to Grocery Outlet today but she doesn't think it will be open. I was thinking, why not be open? Sure, they likely have a mess on their hands like some of the pictures we've seen, but seems to me customers could help with clean up and get a good deal if they worked it right.

How about they come up with a discount for stuff that came off the shelves? 50% off if it's on the floor! I imagine the main thing that would get in the way of that is fear of potential injury and the always present threat of lawsuits.
******
I suggested to Marc Matteoli last night he might want to try calling the glass companies today. It wouldn't surprise me if some might jump at the chance for this bonanza and open up on their normal day off. I guess not. I called K&M Glass in Eureka to see if they were open and all I got was an answering machine. Maybe some others are open but K&M seems to have felt no need to rush back to work.

Maybe they're right. It will take a while for all the windows to be replaced.

Hmmm...Just realized: Maybe the glass companies had all their glass broken?

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Well, that was a disappointing (just an expression, folks) trip. Nowhere near as much damage as I'd expected to see. Winco was open, and packed. No indication that there'd been an earthquake there, at all.

Grocery Outlet also open, as did nearly every business I noticed.

Only saw one damaged chimney, too, right around the corner of my house behind the Nazarene Church. Missed it first time I passed it but noticed it on the way home.

But after I got home it got better. I noticed our water heater leaking water fairly heavily. Tried to tighten the pipes to get it to stop but it almost seems like that made it worse, at least on the other pipes I wasn't trying to tighten. Now we'll have to call Cruz Plumbing tomorrow.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have some very well built houses here. It showed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home