Thursday, February 18, 2010

I've Been Pranked

I won't say I was completely had because I thought something was weird about the phone call from the beginning. Those of you that are Facebook Friends might have already heard this one:

I get this call the other day and it's "some guy" pissed off that my daughter kicked his dog- except we don't have a daughter. To make a long story short, I hung up and mentioned it on my Facebook page. Cole Machado then leads me to the phone prank web page where there's a recording of the prank.

Except I couldn't get the first recording link to work at the time, so I found another link to the recording and, yes, it was the same one I was responding to.

Go back there today and the first recording link worked. Then I found it recorded the actual call to me and you can hear my response to the guy. You can hear that one here.

Like I said, I thought something was weird about the call because it sounded from the beginning like one of those telemarketer deals where you answer the phone and it takes a while for the guy on the other end of the line to pick up the call. It also sounded a bit like a machine running in the background when the voice wasn't running.

But, I suppose it got me, although after I hung up I thought maybe it was some new telemarketing gimmick where they'd call around and see what numbers they could call where the answerer stays on the phone the longest. Good idea when you think about it.

8 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Hank Sims said...

This prank was:

a) Not funny, and
b) illegal

It is absolutely against California law to record a telephone conversation without the consent of both parties.

"PrankDial" is cruising for a bruising.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Well, I thought it was kind of funny.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Hank Sims said...

Yeah? You're setting the bar pretty low, Fred.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Maybe because I'm a bit of a prankster myself?

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger mresquan said...

That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever listened to!!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Kristabel said...

Geez...I guess I'll have to take Hank's number off speed dial. But it's so fun to ask him if his refrigerator's running!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Hank Sims said...

See, but if y'all are connoisseurs of the art, then you have to admit that these fellows were bargain basement.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I'll have to admit to trying to figure out who I could pull the prank on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home