Friday, April 30, 2010

Badnarik Does MacTown?

Interesting blip I wouldn't of noticed over at the West Coast Libertarians Yahoo Group. I didn't notice the original post:

...If this is something you'd like to learn more about, I'm hosting Michael Badnarik and his Constitution Class in Mckinleyville, CA, this summer.

I noticed it in a response made to the original post.

First I've heard about it. For those that don't know, Michael Badnarik was the 2004 Libertarian Party candidate for U.S. President and is supposed to be a constitutional scholar of sorts.

Hasn't seemed to have done much other than that, though. I understand he couldn't afford a hotel room at the convention back in 2004 so he slept in his car or some such.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger mresquan said...

He was arrested along with David Cobb for protesting not being allowed to participate in a debate in St.Louis.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

He also had a major heart attack recently.

I e-mailed the gal that posted this info for more info, as did another gal through the list. Neither of us have received a response yet.

I'm wondering if this is a hoax of some sort? Can't imagine why someone would make up a story about someone having an event in Mckinleyville, though- a place that most people have never heard of.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

My bad. She just replied to the group and I remember her. She just moved here from Chicago and e-mailed me a while back prior to moving. I didn't recognize the name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home