Friday, July 23, 2010

Dump That Junk Car

Now's the time. John's Used Cars will take your old junk car off your hands for free for a limited time. This just in from our very own Jennifer Savage via the North Coast Journal:

"Tip of the week: Have an old car beyond repair and not worth selling? John’s Used Cars and Wreckers is offering amnesty to those needing to junk a car. You’ll need the typical paperwork, the tires must have enough air to roll, and you sure don’t want to stuff the car with household garbage, but they are not charging you to take it. If that works for you, give them a call at 443-7065. Goodbye, little Suzuki Swift. You served us well."

Doesn't get any better than that, does it?

I don't know what exactly should be done about the ugly rusting cars you see sitting in people's yards, but I'll be the first to admit they are an eyesore. When an opportunity like this comes along, it would make sense to at least let the owner of such cars know about the free towing and maybe they'll take advantage of it. Those of you living next to such abandoned cars should let your neighbors know about this.

8 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Capdiamont said...

They have done this for years Fred.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

My understanding was that they often charge $100.00 to accept even cars that are delivered to them. Or maybe that was just if they had to tow it in? I'm not sure.

I drove my old Ford Ranger in there around 6 or 7 years ago. It was a mess. I went inside the office, showed the guy my pink slip and registration, and told the guy I'd just drove it in there, it runs, and I'd sign it over to him right then and there. He looked at the truck for a minute or so and then nodded his head and said, "OK".

One less ugly car littering the streets of Eureka.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Cars4Charities said...

Don't dump it, donate car to charity. When you donate car, you get a minimum $500 tax deduction and the proceeds from its sale will help the charity. You can donate your car to any of more than 1,000 deserving charities at Cars4Charities. They will pick up your car for free and let you donate car that doesn't run. Check them out at http://www.cars4charities.org/

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Yep. You could donate it to charity, too. The main thing is...GET RID OF THAT YUCKY OLD CAR THAT'S SUCH AN EYESORE TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Fred, I think donating the car is a good idea rather than dumping it. I am driving a '94 model Ford car and I am going to donate it to charity only

bmw car parts

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An alternate approach to aging cars is to take good care of them, the way I do. I drive a 1986 Chrysler sedan with the racing package. When it needs repair, it gets it. It's looking a little rough after all these years, but it runs like a champ. My biggest challenge? Getting auto mechanics to understand that even though it has a bazillion miles on it, it's my baby and it deserves first-class care. I guess a good (but inexpensive) paint job would help. Know anywhere around here I can get one of those?

But back to Fred's main point -> Yes! Eurekans can make a huge difference in how our city looks by getting the rusted hulks of old autos away from public view.

He said it better than I did.

"The main thing is...GET RID OF THAT YUCKY OLD CAR THAT'S SUCH AN EYESORE TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!"

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous scrap car said...

Junk cars are now ever increasing in value due to the rise in requirements for metals across the world. most companies especially here in the UK will gladly offer a good price for your old scrap car

[url=http://www.scrap-car-collections.co.uk]scrap car[/url]

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I do agree that keeping ugly rusting cars sitting in our backyards are an eyesore. So, I think dealing it with car cash company's would be a big help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home